Preferred experience : 6+ years
Full time/full day | Chicago office or remote work option
StreamLayer is a next-generation interactive media company, backed by one of the leading sports-tech VC funds in the U.S. We’re an engineering company that builds beautiful user interfaces to make live sports more exciting and fun.
We’re looking for great engineers who are curious and collaborative visionaries because your work is at the core of everything we do. We want people who are excited about tackling the hard problems in technology and who love building tools that power incredible interactive experiences for mobile, web and connected TV. Together, we'll create the interactive video experience of the future and work with global leaders in technology, sports, and media.
Come join the StreamLayer Team!
In our internal processes, we focus on teamwork: we believe that close interaction improves work results, develops professional skills and emotional intelligence. We communicate politely and naturally, ethically and without prejudice. We welcome initiative and we listen to our employees.
What will you do?
Perform a tech leading role, where you will lead a single team in their approach and execution. You are comfortable scoping out complex tasks, coordinating team efforts toward solving them, and unblocking them along the way. Be able to carry the team’s context and maintain many of the essential cross-team and cross-functional relationships necessary for team’s success. Be a close partner to the team’s product manager and the first person called when the roadmap needs to be shuffled. Be able to delegate complex projects across the team to ensure your teammates grow. Define team’s technical vision, step in to build alignment within the team on complex issues.
Which stack will you work with:
● Backend: Node.js
● Devops: Terraform, Consul, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef
● Cloud platforms: Google, Amazon
How we write the code:
● We develop architectural solutions that can withstand a load of 500,000 requests per second
● We are actively studying and implementing new technologies
● We regularly update project dependencies and improve system architecture
We want to talk to you if you:
● Know how to work in a team
● You are good at mastering new information - you can study and apply new technologies, architectural solutions
● Solve business problems using JS on the server and understand how the event-loop works
● Have experience in system design
● Practicing DevOps or would be happy to learn it
● Know English at the level of reading and writing documentation
● Enjoy working in a team
● Develop new and maintain existing microservices based on our framework
● Refactor and optimize code