Preferred experience : 5+ years
Full time/full day | Chicago office or remote work option
StreamLayer is a next-generation interactive media company, backed by one of the leading sports-tech VC funds in the U.S. We’re an engineering company that builds beautiful user interfaces to make live sports more exciting and fun.
We’re looking for great engineers who are curious and collaborative visionaries because your work is at the core of everything we do. We want people who are excited about tackling the hard problems in technology and who love building tools that power incredible interactive experiences for mobile, web and connected TV. Together, we'll create the interactive video experience of the future and work with global leaders in technology, sports, and media.
What is the opportunity?
Our team is innovative and rapidly growing. We are looking for an experienced Senior Android Developer who is passionate about technology and bring a depth of mobile application development experience.
What will you do?
Perform a tech leading role, where you will lead a single team in their approach and execution. You are comfortable scoping out complex tasks, coordinating team efforts toward solving them, and unblocking them along the way. Be able to carry the team’s context and maintain many of the essential cross-team and cross-functional relationships necessary for team’s success. Be a close partner to the team’s product manager and the first person called when the roadmap needs to be shuffled. Be able to delegate complex projects across the team to ensure your teammates grow. Define team’s technical vision, step in to build alignment within the team on complex issues.
● You will be responsible for designing and developing our Android SDK.
● Design architectural solutions of an SDK for Android.
● Create new framework modules & integrate them with a backend using gRPC
● Conduct and contribute to design and code reviews ensuring standards are met
● Continuously improve the SDK, finding ways to simplify and refactor code while working on features
● Know how to work with СI / CD pipelines (fastlane, bitrise, carthage, xcodegen, etc...)
● You need to improve the existing Android SDK by:
○ Voice chat based on WebRTC;
○ Text chat-based Tinode + gRPC;
○ Real-time data exchange using gRPC (data models created using protobuf);
○ Architecting solutions for the SDK
○ Develop new modules of the framework and integrate them with our or 3rd party backends
We want to talk to you if you have:
● 5+ years of experience developing for Android
● A thorough understanding of Object Oriented Programming, MVC, MVVM and Android application architecture
● Experience developing SDKs
● Experience designing and building user interfaces for both mobile and tablet
● You are a collaborative, team player, who values giving and receiving constructive feedback
● You understand ins and outs of a networking stack, gRPC & Restful APIs
● You know that writing code is foremost required to solve a business problem and deliver value to the clients
● Experience with networking, including HTTP, SOAP and REST
● Understanding of IT Standards, UX Design, Accessibility, Agile Methodologies
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Be a collaborative, team player, who values giving and receiving constructive feedback and who has strong interpersonal skills
● Experience with sports and video streaming
● Experience with sports betting, or interactive games
What’s in it for you?
Besides being a fun, cool team backed by industry leaders? Well…we thrive on the challenge to deliver incredibly innovative experiences powered by cutting edge technology. We care about each other and want to help you reach your potential.
● Great career advancement opportunities - we're a small company doing big things
● Ability to work on leading-edge technology at scale
● Opportunity to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages networking
● Full benefits package that also includes education and conference stipend
● Working with leading global technology, media, sports and entertainment companies